Re: window position

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 10:02:00PM +0200, Nikola Pizurica wrote:
> My gnome terminal windows is stuck like this:
> top of it is under top panel, so i can't grab title to move it.
> Also, every time I start it, is is in the same place. How to move it? Can I
> make that top panel "Always on top"?

- Hold down the meta key (probably your alt key), and then click and
  drag anywhere in the window, and you can move the window without
  being able to click on the titlebar.

..or..

- Open up the GNOME Control Center, select the panel capplet, choose
  the miscellaneous tab, and click on the check button labeled
  "Keep panel below windows (GNOME compliant window managers only)".

> Also, one more thing. After maximizing windows of app like Spruce, (same
> for Pan, etc) and choosing "History"-"Remmebr dimensions", all pop up
> wondows of that app (like status window during fetching mail with Spruce,
> or dialogs in gFTP), get maximized as well. That's realy anoying.....

(I'm not as certain of this part of my reply, so please feel free to
take someone else's advice over mine.)

Sawfish remembers which window is which based on certain X-level
properties set on the window.  Unfortunately, to X, some dialog
windows "look" just like the main app window, and so sawfish tries
to be helpful and resize them for you.  I'm not sure if there is a
solution to this, other than disabling the window-history feature
in the sawfish control panel.

--
Ian Peters
itp@helixcode.com