Re: Rename desktop icon mount points??

Thank you very much.

I didn't notice that the cursor could be placed directly in the text
field. I had tried left, middle and right dialog boxes.

This is getting too much like Windoze ;-)

Glenn
-----

Hans-Detlev Fink wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
>
> try singe clicking (and holding down a second) the left mouse
> button above the text field you want to change. You will
> then be able to directly edit the field (much like in Windoze).
>
> -Hans-

To rename a desktop icon, you have to

        1. Single-click on the icon in the root window (your "desktop"
on
           which the icons appear)

        2. Single-click on the label underneath the icon. You should now
           see a blinking cursor inside the label.

        3. Use backspace and/or arrow keys to navigate and edit the
label.
           Don't worry if the label seems to disappear when you delete
all
           the text, just type your new name.

        4. Press enter (or click somewhere else) when you are done to
make
           the change permanent.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,