Rename desktop icon mount points??

Hi,

I've gone through all the FAQs archives and Deja news and surprisingly,
to me anyway, I haven't found that this question has been asked.

Using: Latest Helix, Sawtooth, Redhat 6.2

I would like to be able to rename the desktop icons. Right now they
appear as disk 1, disk 2,..., floppy 1, floppy 2. etc. I would like them
to appear as my mount points as defined in my fstab file and not these
new names for which I have no recognition. The naming, at least what I
could find, is only in a binary file meta?.db.

Thanks,
Glenn
-----