Stuck with gtk theme

Hi Guys

   I am using gnome-libs-1.2.3 with gnome-core-1.2.1 and gtk+-1.2.8
   on a sparc solaris 2.6 machine.

   My problem is that I can't change gtk theme thru the
   (Desktop)->(Theme Selector) menu of the Control Center, though the
   $HOME/.gnome/theme-switcher-capplet file reflects the changes I
   make. I have even tried quitting gnome-session and launching it
   again. The only way I am able to change the theme is by physically
   deleting the previously configured theme from $HOME/.theme
   directory :-(

   Any idea what could be wrong. Please help.

-  Best Regards
--
Puneet Goel
mailto:puneet@computer.org