Re: Stuck with gtk theme

puneet wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
>    I am using gnome-libs-1.2.3 with gnome-core-1.2.1 and gtk+-1.2.8
>    on a sparc solaris 2.6 machine.
>
>    My problem is that I can't change gtk theme thru the
>    (Desktop)->(Theme Selector) menu of the Control Center, though the
>    $HOME/.gnome/theme-switcher-capplet file reflects the changes I
>    make. I have even tried quitting gnome-session and launching it
>    again. The only way I am able to change the theme is by physically
>    deleting the previously configured theme from $HOME/.theme
>    directory :-(
>
>    Any idea what could be wrong. Please help.
>
> -  Best Regards

You may have permissions problems on ~/.gtkrc (which is what GTK+ uses
to determine what theme to use). Try deleting and then recreating this
file. If you still can't change the theme via the CC, you can change the
theme manually from that file. The theme is set to be loaded by the

include "/$HOME/.theme/ThemeName"

line. Removing this line makes GTK+ use it's default look.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    If the United States Government spent as much on education
    as it did on the military, every student could fail in a
    solid gold desk.