Re: swapping Caps Lock and Ctrl Keys

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 08:15:52PM -0700,
Staetzsc <staetzsc@firstlinux.net> wrote:
> How do I get gnome to swap these keys for one user?

This isn't a Gnome issue, but here are the relevant lines from my
~/.Xmodmap:

remove Lock    = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L

keycode 0x42 =	Control_L
keycode 0x25 =	Caps_Lock

add    Lock    = Caps_Lock
add    Control = Control_L

I don't know enough to say whether this will work for just
anyone's keyboard or not. I made the .Xmodmap file with xkeycaps,
so you might want to try that.

On Debian systems, the .Xmodmap file is automatically used. If
this doesn't happen on your system, add the command 'xmodmap
~/.Xmodmap' to your X startup file.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"I have the metabolism of a dead turtle."
 --David Austin

PGP signature