Re: can't eject data CD's

Tatar Kolos wrote:

> > I realize that I must be becoming a pest, but does anyone else have a
> > problem ejecting data cd's when the cd player applet is located in a
> > panel?
> Hi.
>
> You can shoot me if i'm saying something stupid.
>
> Do you mean, that after you put in your CD, an icon appears on your
> desktop, and unless you remove that icon, the CD can't be ejected?
> Because if so, then you have the same 'problem' as i do. Because i think
> it is not a bug. You have to unmount the CD-ROM before you get your CD
> out. It is rational, because ejecting a mounted floppy from the FDD may
> lead to problems. And the data CD is automounted when put in.

No no no... The CD Player applet won't let you eject any CD's, whether
they're mounted or not.  You either have to use the CD Player applet's
eject button or remove the applet.

Automounted when you put it in, and an annoying icon popping up on your
desktop?  What distro are you using, Red Hat?  They're the only ones I know
that do that... ~,^

Nice thing about Mandrake, you don't NEED to mount anything.  Supermount
rocks!

Sean Middleditch

BTW, *bang*.  ~,^  j/k