Re: Help with instalation for Debian

On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 02:51:53PM +0200, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
> "Ezequiel" <hreyes@seg.inf.cu> writes:
>
> > I am planing to install helix gnome in a debian system 2.1 (slink), but when
> > I go to helix's download site, all I see is a method for debian Woody. can
> > anyone tell me if that install works for Debian slink ? Or else point me to
> > a place where I can read some information or get some help to get helix
> > gnome running in my Debian slink system ?
>
> Put this line in your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
>   deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main
>
> Then say:
>
>   # apt-get update ; apt-get install task-helix-gnome
>
> I think there is no problem to install this on a Debian slink system.

This will not work; from my quick check on ftp.debian.org, Slink
didn't even ship with apt.  Of course, this problem is trivial
compared to the much larger difficulty that these binaries will not
run on a Slink system, either.

The only ways currently to get Helix GNOME working on a Debian Slink
system are to recompile all of the packages, or upgrade to Potato.

--
Ian Peters
itp@helixcode.com