Re: Help with instalation for Debian

itp@helixcode.com (Ian Peters) writes:

> PS: as a fellow Debian user, I have to recommend that you upgrade to
> the Potato distribution once it has completed the test cycles and is
> released.  A lot has changed, all for the better, since Slink was
> released.

As a long term Debian user i'd even go so far to suggest *anyone* to
upgrade to potato *now*.  IMHO it is stable enough for everyday use
since *long* time now.  Above all it would help within the current
testing cycle if more users would give potato a burn in proof test for
detecting the last installation glitches and *eek* bugs still lurking
in some obscure corner nobody bothered to look before.

As far as i am concerned i'm already running selected packages from
the unstable/woody tree and hope this will be frozen shortly (in terms
of Debian development speed...) after potato has been officially
released.  But that's another storry... ;-)

                                Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------