Re: No title bars...

----- Original Message -----
From: Josh Orfanakis <joshorf@pcisys.net>
To: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 2:45 PM
Subject: No title bars...

> I am using Debian's distribution of Linux and I have not been able to
> get GNOME to install quite right. I follwed the directions using apt to
> install the latest release of GNOME. I have www.debian.org/~vincent/
> slink-main in the sources.list.
>
> I did apt-get upgrade and apt-get install task-gnome-apps. And I
> modified the Xsession file according to the O'Rielly Debian book.
> Basically added:
> #!bin/bash
> xterm &
> gmc &
> Enlightenment &
> panel
> exit 0
> ##
>
> I also made sure I tried to update Enlightenment
>
> When I lauch Gnome it slowly comes up with an xterm in the upper right
> corner. There is no title bar. Then the File Manager comes up pinned to
> the upper right corner, no title bar. Netscape will come up if launched
> same spot no title bar. I cannot bring up windows  from the back ground
> or gain focus on different windows.
>
> I can successfully run a session of X with FVWM so I think X is
> configured properly.
> Any ideas?

This can only be that Enlightenment is not running. Try opening up the gnome
control center and going to the window manager configuration dialog. You
should be able to get it started that way. You could also start
enlightenment from an xterm and then gnome should see it when you exit and
start it back up again.

--Ben