Pan 0.7.2 has been released

Hello,

Pan 0.7.2 is done.  We believe it's significantly improved over 0.7.0 and
0.7.1, especially in terms of stability.  Upgrading is strongly
suggested.

Availability:

	Go grab a copy from the downloads section of

What is PAN?
	PAN stands for Pimp Ass Newsreader.  It's a project with the goal to
make a user-friendly and powerful USENET newsreader for the GNU Network
Object Model Environment (GNOME) graphical desktop environment.  We've
designed it to loosely model popular newsreaders
for Windows.

Changes in version 0.7.2:

    NEW FEATURES

        * Article filtering added.

        * New article toolbar for easy filtering/sorting of articles.

        * Swedish translation.

	* Improved killfile support

    BUG FIXES

        * More gui lockup fixes.  Don't these things ever go away?

        * Some servers wouldn't accept the date format given by Pan when
          posting.  Pan now uses a more universal date string.

        * The "Find" dialog now works correctly.

        * The default directories preferences weren't being set/used/saved
	  correctly

	* Pan would crash if all the articles in a group were filtered out by
	  the killfile.

	* Pan would go into an infinite loop when hitting next/previous unread
	  article if the articles were already all read.  My, but these bugfix
	  sections are depressing to write.

    UPDATED

        * Translation updates: Korean, Danish, and Polish

Please send all bug reports, comments and suggestions to
pan@superpimp.org and not to the GNOME bugs server or any of the mailing
lists hosted on gnome.org.

Enjoy,

Jason Leach