Re: Gnumeric 0.48 with enhanced toys is out.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    A new version of Gnumeric has been released: 0.48 is out on the FTP
> site now.
>
>    This version of gnumeric is pretty impressive.  The Gnumeric
> hackers have worked very hard in many areas to improve the
> spreadsheet.
>
>    The major visible feature in this release is the beginning of the
> Undo support written by Jody Goldberg.  Jody also did a number of
> impressive hacks on this release that are detailed below.
>
>    This version does require gnome-xml 1.8.5 to compile, as a small
> problem was found in the previous version that made people's
> spreadsheets not load.

Oh, jolly.  For those of us who are running either RedHat, or perhaps
other RPM based distros, this just might be ugly.  Right now, there
isn't a 1.8.5 libxml rpm on the gnome.org site, and creating an RPM from
the libxml-1.8.5.tar.gz gives me this "SNAP" thing.  I imagine that it
will work (waiting for compile now), but what's the deal with "SNAP"?
	Greg