Re: Newbie questions

> > I'm new to Gnome and been away from Linux for several years. I have 2
> > questions, both of which are likely easy. I've searched everywhere for the
> > answers... My system is RH 6.1 with Gnome and Enlightenment.
> >
> > First, when I startx as root I get a warning message from Gnome about
> > running file manager as root. Until I get things setup I'll always be
> root.
> > I would love to shut off this warning.
>
> This has been asked before and the answer is always no. It's a little
> anoyence the time or two that you log in as root but if you log in as root
> more often than that then you'r doing something wrong.

That's absolutely ridiculous. I can understand the intention to not make
it easy, but refusing to help someone turn it off when they understand the
issue is just plain wrong. Can someone be helpful and point this gentleman
to wherever in the source the message is generated, so he can comment it
out?