Re: Newbie questions

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Scott <tscott@abcdistributing.com>
To: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2000 4:20 PM
Subject: Newbie questions

> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to Gnome and been away from Linux for several years. I have 2
> questions, both of which are likely easy. I've searched everywhere for the
> answers... My system is RH 6.1 with Gnome and Enlightenment.
>
> First, when I startx as root I get a warning message from Gnome about
> running file manager as root. Until I get things setup I'll always be
root.
> I would love to shut off this warning.

This has been asked before and the answer is always no. It's a little
anoyence the time or two that you log in as root but if you log in as root
more often than that then you'r doing something wrong.

> Second, I would like to change the mouse pointer to something with a
> different angle. Are there any options?

Enlightenment controls this when  no other program does. At the moment it's
a bit tough to change them but if you look into an E theme you should be
able to find some .xpm files that are mouse pointers.

The mouse pointer thing is a good point, though (no pun intended). There
should be an easier way to change them.

--Ben