Re: Gnumeric 0.48 with enhanced toys is out.

In message <XFMail.000124191006.orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>, Craig Orsing
er writes:

>        I tried to build the gnumeric 0.48 tarball as an rpm
>(using "rpm -tb .."), and it failed to create the RPM. It appeared
>to create the scratch directory, run "make" and "make install", and
>then printed out this message:

>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gnumeric-0.48'
>+ exit 0
>Processing files: gnumeric
>File must begin with "/": %{sysconfdir}/CORBA/servers/gnumeric.gnorba
>Executing: %doc
>+ umask 022

>        The line about "%{sysconfdir}" appears to come from the
>gnumeric.spec file, but I don't know why the correct value wasn't
>substituted. I tried this three times, with the same result each
>time. Fortunately, it left the scratch directory in place, so I
>should be able to run a regular "make install" from there, if
>necessary. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I changed that line to read:

%config /etc/CORBA/servers/gnumeric.gnorba

which is the approach that gnumeric 0.47 took.  It's not the most elegant
approach, and it won't work at all if you use an alternate sysconfdir (e.g.
/usr/local/etc) but in that case you could substitute the appropriate directory
for /etc.

--
John GOTTS <jgotts@linuxsavvy.com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts