RE: Gnumeric 0.48 with enhanced toys is out.

On 23-Jan-00 Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    A new version of Gnumeric has been released: 0.48 is out on the FTP
> site now.

        [snip]

        My system is running RH 6.1, with the current stable tarballs
of GNOME installed as RPMs.

        I tried to build the gnumeric 0.48 tarball as an rpm
(using "rpm -tb .."), and it failed to create the RPM. It appeared
to create the scratch directory, run "make" and "make install", and
then printed out this message:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gnumeric-0.48'
+ exit 0
Processing files: gnumeric
File must begin with "/": %{sysconfdir}/CORBA/servers/gnumeric.gnorba
Executing: %doc
+ umask 022

        The line about "%{sysconfdir}" appears to come from the
gnumeric.spec file, but I don't know why the correct value wasn't
substituted. I tried this three times, with the same result each
time. Fortunately, it left the scratch directory in place, so I
should be able to run a regular "make install" from there, if
necessary. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Date: 24-Jan-00  Time: 19:02:04

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor