Re: powershell/gnome-terminal

Miles Lane wrote:

> Warren Young wrote:
> >
> > This would be useful, but there's one critical feature it'd have to
> > have: a way to switch between the windows like most window managers
> > allow with Alt-Tab.  Preferrably the tab order should change every time
> > you switch do a different window: Alt-Tab should always take you back to
> > the previous window.  Otherwise, I'd rather stick with plain old
> > gnome-terminal.
>
> I'd be pretty surprised if window managers could be fooled into
> treating MDI windows as though they were separate X windows.

It wouldn't have to work that way.  I don't mind using another key --
Ctrl-Tab, perhaps? -- there just needs to be _a_ command for this.  Most
likely, the terminal program would implement it directly.  I just wanted
to make sure it was considered before people start rushing off to code
the thing.
--
= Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m