Re: powershell/gnome-terminal

bob@thestuff.net wrote:

> Simpleist ways are allways the best. what about the console style
> ctrl-f1/f2/f3...

That'd be livable, but I still prefer the ability to redo the tab order
at will.

The main reason Alt-F1/F2/F3/etc. works -- at least for me -- is that I
always use a particular workspace/console for specific things.  The
third one is always where my superuser shell is, for example.  The
problem with mapping that onto an enhanced gnome-terminal is that it'd
be hard to map particular values onto tasks: if you just wanted a root
shell on tab 3, you'd have to open two other terminal tabs just as
placeholders.

The Alt-Tab way avoids this by making recent tasks easiest to return
to.  That way you don't lay down patterns mapping particular terminal
tab numbers to tasks, you just keep recent tasks in your memory.
--
= Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m