Re: powershell/gnome-terminal

rconover@montana.edu wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Miles Lane wrote:

[...]
> To accurately and efficiently implement tabs all of the gnome-terminals
> need to be in the same process.  This is the same behavior that you get
> when you select File->New Terminal from the menu.  That action dosen't
> start a new process it just creates a new gnome-terminal window that runs
> in the same process.  If all of the terminals are running from the same
> process it is quite trivial to support tabs and the regular terminal
> features.

Why doesn't gnome-terminal do this by default, rather than starting a
new copy of gnome-terminal?  Sort of like clicking on the gnome-browser
launcher (on my RedHat system) starts a new netscape "browser", but does
not spawn a new netscape-communicator process.  Maybe I'm missing
something, and this is already an option, but I haven't found anything
to this effect.  Thanks,
	Greg