Re: powershell/gnome-terminal

> Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 20:40:39 -0800
> From: Miles Lane <miles@amazon.com>
>
> From a usability and flexibility standpoint, the tab feature should
> be an option that is not enabled by default.  It would be great for

If gnome-terminal were modified to use GNOME MDI, it could be set to
default to the "multiple top level windows" MDI style without
problems.

I'd actually like to see that myself; unfortunately, the multiple
terminal feature is currently kind of useless to me because I can't
convince it to run the shell wrapper I need to use in new terminal
windows; it runs $SHELL.  (Changing $SHELL isn't an option because it
would affect far more than just opening new terminal windows --- this
wrapper sets up a new context for AFS and Kerberos credentials; it
should only be run for new sessions, not every time $SHELL is needed).

(Probably I should make both mods and submit a patch.  This is kind of
a bad time for me, though.  sigh...)

--
brandon s. allbery      [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]     allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator         [WAY too many hats]           allbery@ece.cmu.edu