gnome-core CVS

I have a problem with installing the gnome-core from cvs.

Every time I run the autogen.sh script, it ends with the following error
messages,
although I also installed gdk-pixbuf from cvs:

Unknown library  'gdk_pixbuf'
Unknown library  'gdk_pixbuf'
configure: error: GdkPixbuf library is required for the panel

I suppose I overlook some package that has to be installed also, but I
can't figure out which one.
The gnome FAQ concerning CVS is not very usefull either, since it seems
to be outdated.
Or am I wrong on this one?

more system detail:

distr.: RedHat 6.1 - latest stable gnome libraries
PIII 500, 128MB

I hope someone can help me out.

--Bart Wille