Upgrading netscape

Hello.
The version of Netscape included in Red Hat 6.1  is 4.61. I have
downloaded the version 4.7 and
installed it, but it does not work. If I try to enter the program,
nothing happens and if I look at the
text window (Ctl-Alt-F1), it looks like that Netscape 4.7 cannot start
becuase some libraries seem to be missing. Fortunately, the 4.61 files
were not deleted, only renamed and I could easily restore the version
4.61.
Has anyone tried to upgrade Netscape from 4.61 to 4.7?
Does anything else need to be upgraded or configured?
Is it worthwhile to perform the task or better let it be as it is?

--
Miguel Quirós Olozábal
Departamento de Química Inorgánica. Facultad de Ciencias.