Re: Swallowed app

"Eric Gillespie, Jr." wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 12:58:56PM +0100,
> Toralf Lund <toralf@kscanners.com> wrote:
> > (because none of the mailcheck applets work quite the way I want)
>
> Have you tried gbox_applet
> (http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~crunchy/gbox/gbox_applet.html)?
> It's the coolest mailbox watcher I've seen. It watches multiple
> mailboxes, and displays how many new messages are in each box in a
> tooltip. Each mailbox has a priority, and the applet displays a
> different icon depending on how high-priority your new mail is. It only
> supports local mbox files.

>From the screentshots etc. on the web site, it doesn't look like it offer any
kind of filtering. Is this correct? The thing is, I don't want the mail
checker to count all messages as a get far too many mailing list messages
etc. Furthermore, I have seen several applications that offer some kind of
filtering, but none of them seem to do this quite the way I want. xmailbox,
however, can use an external command to count the messages, and as I happened
to have a script for this already...

- Toralf