RE: Screen resolution problem

On 10-Jan-00 Sandeep Hundal wrote:
> I have this problem related to a redhat 6.1
> installation we made, along with GNOME, on our
> machine at the office, which duals boots with
> Windows 98.

        I believe that the default setup on RH6.1 is to provide
all the possible resolutions. You can see if this is true by
hitting <CTRL><ALT>+ or <CTRL><ALT>- (that's plus or minus with
the Ctrl and Alt keys down). If the screen resolution changes,
that's the issue. Otherwise, I suggest you check the RedHat
manual for how to run their Xconfigurator software, or do as
Don Poletti suggests and check out the XFree86 site.

Date: 10-Jan-00  Time: 10:19:35

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor