RE: Screen resolution problem

Sunny,

This is not a gnome issue and would probably be more appropriate
on another list.  This is a very common question and I'm sure
there is an answer in A FAQ or a HOW-TO.

There is a gnome solution to make your life easier though. There
is an applet call quick-res (I Think) that will change your resolutions
on the fly. It is not part of the distributions so you'll have
to download it yourself. But I tried it and was not able to get it to work.

The full answer is that you want to modify your XFree86 config
file. I suggest you go to the XFree86 web site and look there
for how to configure your machines.