Gnumeric module error

Hi,

Every time I startup Gnumeric, I get a message box with this message:

 unable to open module file:
 /opt/gnome/lib/gnumeric/plugins/0.47/libgnum_python.so: undefined
 symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

Almost everything seems to work alright (though I must say, the
interface is somewhat non-intuitive to those of us not familiar with
Excel...and the lack of a Help menu is downright puzzling!).  (c:

Anyway, the most disturbing problem is that it doesn't create an
openable file.  When I save it to the native XML format, it comes up
with some binary-looking junk, and is unable to open it.  My only guess
is that it's related to the missing symbol dialog.  What does that
python module do, anyway?

BTW, I'm running HEAD gnumeric, with current gnome-libs (from
gnome-libs-1-0 branch).  Should I not be running HEAD gnumeric right
now?

John