Re: Thoughts on Nautilus

> From: "James M. Cape" <jcape@jcinteractive.com>
>
> bob@cs.csoft.net wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Matthias Warkus wrote:
> > > 4. Maybe Nautilus should be able to use any kind of Bonobo component
> > >    as a "view". You could edit Gnumeric spreadsheets or other documents
> > >    inline, inside the Nautilus view pane. For someone who wants to add
> >
> > Been thinking about this. With bonobo, is there even any reason anymore to
> > have a base app and then embed stuff into it? aka, have gnumeric as a
>
> Well, the UI is different for each app. Gnumeric has it's own set of

There's also the fact that not all of us want to run a file manager.
If I have to run Nautilus in order to use any GNOME apps, I'm not
going to be happy.

--
brandon s. allbery      [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]     allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator         [WAY too many hats]           allbery@ece.cmu.edu