Re: Sort-of Announce: Gnet, a network library

On 6 Jan 2000, Vandoorselaere Yoann wrote:

> Ummm calling fork() to do a gethostbyname instead of rewwriting
> gethostbyname to operate asynchronously is dirty and slow...

It's a lot cleaner than trying to reimplement all of gethostbyname() - you
can't just implement the DNS protocol and hope to achieve the equivalent
of gethostbyname() functionality.

libgnomeui/gnome-dns already implements this type of functionality, with a
dynamic server pool, and it is there and works.

-- Elliot
"You can divide our industry into two kinds of people: those who want to
go work for a company to make it successful, and those who want to go work
for a successful company." -jwz