Re: problem with Compaq laptop in linux env

Amar,

Please see http://www.linux.org/hardware/laptop.html  -"linux on Laptops"

for general info or try out

http://www.abc.se/~m10813/files/XF86Config.LTE5150.txt

for a nice /etc/XF86config file.  I use this one myself for my 5300,
and it works fine - however you should uncomment the line

#    XkbDisable

to keep it from mapping the keyboard to (what I think is) German.

McHenry Duncan
mduncan@xcrest.com

"There is no reason why good can not triumph as often as evil.  The
triumph of anything is a matter of organization.  If there are such things
as angels, I hope they are organized along the lines of the Mafia."

                                        from "The Sirens of Titan"
                                        by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr