Re: Which editor for C/C++ programming, and more...

Germano Rizzo wrote:

> Hi,
>  first, I introduce myself... My name is Germano Rizzo, I'm a 21 y.o.
> italian student in electronic enineery and I'm new in this list...Recently I
> passed from KDE to Gnome, and I found it... just great!! :-)) Nice to meet
> you all!!
>
>     I don't know if my questions are suitable for this list... if not,
> please tell me. Sometimes I make some C program, just for exercise, or
> study. Now, using KDE I wrote them in KWrite, that provided two very useful
> features: sintax highlighting, and the indication of the number of the row
> where the cursor is. Passing to Gnome, I haven't find anything that makes
> the same... Now I use Gnotepad+, that, alas, haven't any of these
> features... I don't want to use EMACS, 'cause it's too complex... I tried
> XCoral, that hassintax highlighting, but still doesn't tell the row
> number... Can you advice me for any editor that suits my purposes? Thank you
> in advance.

You might want to take a look at Nedit.  It has color syntax
highlighting for a number of languages plus it tells you what line and
column you are at.  It is also highly configurable.  It also runs on
many platforms.  Take a look at http://www.nedit.org

Good luck,
Frank