Re: connecting .doc files with staroffice?

At 22:07 19/02/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Olaf Grüttner <o.gruettner@tu-bs.de> writes:
>
>> I tried to connect .doc files with staroffice.
>> I edited the mime - type, but staroffice wouldn´t start.
>
>Same problem here with WordPerfect.
>
>> application/x-soffice
>> extensions *.doc
>> 	   .doc
>> open /opt/Office51/bin/soffice %f
>
>Principally I did the same, which in theory seems to be the right
>procedure.

It can't be.  Linux convention is that files commencing with "." are hidden
files (eg ./gnome-session).  Your association is looking for ONE hidden
file called ".doc".  What you need is "*doc" ie any file ending in "doc"

Brian

Brian Astill,  Visiting Research Fellow
Flinders University Institute of International Education