Re: Themes in GDM?

> How would I go about applying a theme to the the login dialog box in
> GDM?  Their web page says it can be done but the docs don't say anything
> about it.

Not too difficult. Open the gdm.conf file and look for a line that looks
like this:

	GtkRC=

It ought to be under the following section:

	[gui]

Now, edit that line to be of the following form:

	GtkRC=<path to a gtkrc file>

For example, to use the MorphiusX theme included with standard gnome,

	GtkRC=/usr/share/themes/MorphiusX/gtk/gtkrc

Good luck. Some day someone will write a gui to this. I think someone
already is part of the gdm cvs tree. In fact, I just checked, there
is. Except it is largely unfinished.

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1407  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |