Re: Using gnome libs without a gui?

> Is it easy to use libgnome without utilizing the
> gui aspects of the gnome system?  Specifically, I'm
> thinking of using gnome-config functions in an
> ncurses application.  Is this a good idea?  What
> overhead will I be creating?  Should I/can I link
> to libgnome without linking to libgnomeui?

This is very possible. In fact, I think the reason the library was
split into the gui and non-gui parts so that someone could link just
to the non-gui part. In any case, I can vouch that this works because
I've done it myself.

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1407  |
|,,     |