[Fwd: Why don't most-recently-used lists work?]

Why does it seem that the MRU lists in Gnome (or Gtk, I don't know which
level handles this feature) don't seem to remember  values from session
to session? I am using gnome-libs and gnome-core 1.1.3, but this
behaviour has been going on as long as I have been using Gnome. It's not
a terribly urgent problem, obviously, but rather one which hurts Gnome's
usability comparisons with other OS's and desktops.

Aside from minor drawbacks, the number of features and enhancements that
have been added to Gnome in the last year is astounding. Thanks to all
the contributors for making Gnome such a tremendous pleasure to use!

Regards,
Syd.