Re: Request: Test suite for EFS.

* bob@thestuff.net (bob@thestuff.net) wrote:
> One way around searching a huge xml file I think would be to do something
> like this:
> <data size="32434">
> ...some junk...
> </data>
>
> Then for quick searching, the search app, when it finds a data tag, will
> read the size, and skip ahead that far. Should speed that up alot I think.
> Also, have the searchable tags, if posible, at the top of the document
> like html.

Yeah but the fact remains that to search an xml file you have to load
the whole thing into memory. This is the problem I think. You can add
stuff to zip through them quicker, but its still a problem for a
directory full of spreadsheets (or whatever).

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |