Re: Nautilus, Eazel, Gnome and Andy Herzfeld (off topic)

----- Original Message -----
From: Gregory Leblanc <GLeblanc@cu-portland.edu>
To: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 1:12 PM
Subject: RE: Nautilus, Eazel, Gnome and Andy Herzfeld

That could go either way. I think technicly it'd be ``The Who has...''
because the ``The Who'' is singular. If you take ``The Who'' to mean the
members of The Who, then ``...they have...''

> > "The police have caught him."

Right. ``They (the police) have caught him'' but ``the officer has caught
him''

> > "The GNOME Project have given him a new job."

The GNOME project is one thing. It's made of many people but there's only
one project. You wouldn't say ``the gnome project...they...'' would you?

At the risk of generalizing, I think if you can use ``they'' then you can
use have, if you can use ``he/she/it'' then it's ``has''.

I'll be quiet now :-)

--Ben