Re: using the panel to uninstall packages.

+++ Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 08:00:10AM -0800 +++
Miles Lane e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> InstallShield has built an entire company around doing only
> software package installation and removal,

That's because they had to kluge up absolutely all of the
functionality on top of a system that essentially does not provide a
good foundation for installation or deinstallation of software at all.

> so I'd be astounded if this turned out to be a project that someone
> could whip together in a week and have be full-featured and easy to
> use.

You forget that we've got very good package managers in most Linux
distributions, and I suppose the BSDs have got the same; it's just a
matter of writing good front ends.

mawa
--
- Guten Tag, mein Name ist Greiser, von der Hamburg-Alzheimer. Ich
  wollte Ihnen etwas verkaufen... hm...