Re: using the panel to uninstall packages.

> How many UI rules does this break?

I'm not too sure..

> user: how do I uninstall a program?
> developer: right-click on it in the foot menu
> user: but I thought the foot menu is for _running_ programs!!

In the windows world people use the panel to uninstall packages too.
There's always an "uninstall app" in the menu.

> Talk about unintuitive!  Jeesh.

I'm not a UI expert but it doesn't seem too far of a stretch.  The reason
I would use the panel to install packages is because the panel is a
centrally located area for information.  If you want to run anything that
uses the GNOME libraries will be found here.  What better place to
uninstall packages?

Let's make it simpler.  Do you feel that the panel is the right place to
uninstall packages?  If not, why not?

	sri