Re: Gnome and win32?

Stephen L Arnold wrote:

> On 15 Feb 00, Eric Sandeen had questions about Gnome and win32?:
>
> [snip]
> > Is any of Gnome really portable to Win32?  (Keep in mind that
> > I'm a C dummy for the most part.)  :)
>
> I haven't seen the post you refer to, but I would guess that what
> he's talking about requires the GNU/win32 (cygwin.dll) environment.
> See the info at cygnus.com:
>
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

Yes, I'm aware of this, and I think the Win32 port of GTK revolves
around it... Trying to get it installed now.  :)

> I also heard of a project doing a win32-based GTK binding for Ada.

Got that too, and it comes with a Win32 version of Glade!
http://gtkada.eu.org

> If you're planning to code much of your own stuff, and you're not a
> C or C++ guru, then I would seriously consider learning Ada.

Too late, I already started in C.  :-)  Good enough to do what I need to
do, but maybe not good enough to  deal with cross platform compilation
issues, perhaps...

Thanks for the Ada info, though - I'll have to look into it.  :)

-Eric