Re: Modest idea

--- Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> wrote:
> > Dynamic html does that. And java.
>
> 	Java bites :).  DHTML is certainly one option, but
> I've never been
> comfortable with the idea of depending on the web
> browswer for a local
> application.  Something based on the GnomeCanvas
> would be much faster,
> cleaner, flexible... etc.
Yes, I also agree with you. But from a simplicity
perspective, it would be a choice.

> > > 2) Full-screen mode, with no window manager
> > > decorations
> > Microsoft did it with ie, so maybe there is a way
> for
> > gnu/linux browsers?
>
> 	Yes, if nothing else we could use Javascript to
> maximize the
> window to the screen dimensions.  Only problem is
> the Panel would still
> show through.  Also, I'd prefer not to depend on the
> browser (but that's
> just me).
> > Wouldn't it be better(and harder, I know) to
> create an
> > easy to use free software Multimedia Creator
> > aplication?
>
> 	Having the software/tools is only about 40% of
> creating a "game"
> (where "game" is used to describe multimedia
> software that isn't an office
> application).  Most of the work is in creating the
> graphics, sounds,
> storyline, characters, voices, video, etc.

Yes, that was my point. While there are some guys
making the Crystal Space 3d engine, others are
creating games with it(one of them being Time City).
I think that for free software developers creating
games, multimedia "games", or anything which demands
highly of sound, images, video and creativity, sharing
and "modularization" is their best option, because it
would be too much work for each person or persons to
develop an infrastructure from scratch, plus the
content.

Having a free software "engine" for multimedia games
would free(ahah) people from that constrain.
Also, I think that 3 to 4 people are enough to make an
interactive book, a cultural "game", etc.(with the
tools available)
A friend of mine alone makes webpages worthy of the
name interactive.

Eduardo

=====
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19:
"Everyone has the right to[...] seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."
http://www.democracynow.org
http://www.infosubway.org/infosubway/
http://www.freespeech.org
http://damn.tao.ca/