Re: Modest idea

I personally have a HUGE interest in educational software, as my wife is
a 3rd grade teacher.  She is provided one computer by the school in her
room.  I recently put another in there, but alas, it's running Windows,
because there is no educational software to be had that will run on
Linux (to my knowledge).  Not only would I be interesting in hearing
from folks who know of such software, I'd also be interested in
investing my own time and programming skills in developing such
software.

Anything along the lines of the 'Magic School Bus' series (M$, I know)
would be great.  There are many other titles:

Imagination Express - Ocean
Reader Rabbit series
Mathblaster series