Re: Closing a Gnome Session Remotely

"Anthony E. Greene" wrote:

> Loban Rahman wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to close a gnome-session remotely. Is there way to do this
> > cleanly, so that the session can be saved and all?
>
> save-session --kill

One would think so, but it doesn't actually work. It complains about not
being able to contact the session manager. It wants the information in
the SESSION_MANAGER variable that the session has in it's environment.
You have to dig the information out of .xsession-errors first to make
the above work. Rather icky.