Re: Want to maintain gnome-pager applet...

Mike Bond <mbond@level8.com> writes:

> The issue of the discontinuing of support for the gnome-pager has come
> up several times now, and since I've been a fairly vocal advocate of it
> and still prefer it over desk-guide/task-list I would like to go ahead
> and start the bug squashing and enhancing of it.
>
> I do have a couple questions, are there any coding standards/preferences
> whatsoever for core code and where should I submit source changes? I
> have been using cvs since it's infancy, but currently don't have commit
> access, and not sure I should have it for so small an effort.

I think it'd be best to have gnome-pager out of gnome-applets if you
are working on it, since we are in a feature freeze for gnome-core and
gnome-applets.

I can have it moved to its own module and set up for building, and get
you a CVS account, just let me know.

As for coding style, it is reccommended to follow the GNOME Programming
Guidelines.  You should probably read them anyway.  They can be found at:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/programming-guidelines/

Jacob
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code;  I have only
 proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth