Help with .ICEauthority

Hi,

I have been successfully running gnome for a while, but suddenly I am
getting an error.

When I begin my X Server, the server starts OK, and I get the woven
pattern in the background and the "X" for the cursor in the middle of
the screen.  If I move the mouse, the cursor moves OK.  However,
enlightnment never starts, and the X Server exits with an error

"** WARNING **: Unable to lock ICE authority file: /home/shane/.ICEauthority"

I thought it might be enlightenment, so I changed the window manager to
twm in /home/shane/.gnome/default.wm, however, that did not fix the
problem.

If I login as root and run the X Server, the problem does not occur.

Does anyone have an answer for me?  Where can I get information on the
.ICEauthority file, and what it's for?

ICMan