Re: Raising windows across desktops

Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:

> Toralf Lund <toralf@kscanners.com> writes:
>
> > Is there any way to set up GNOME so that windows that are raised by the
> > application (e.g as the result of a menu selection) are moved
> > automatically to the current virtual desktop?
>
> Don't know about enlightenment, but sawmill can do this (someone
> posted example code to the sawmill list some time ago).

I couldn't get this to work. Do I have to configure Sawmill in a special
way?

> Excellent software I think, and not as bloated as enlightenment.

It seems to be more compatible with GNOME, too. I miss some Enlightenment's
functionality, though, like the pager and icon box. I agree that these
should be implemented as separate applications, but the ones built into E
are better than any of the alternatives I've found.

- Toralf