Re: Host Name Problem

you need to add the name you are using for your ISP into /etc/host then,
for example my ISP is Ameritech.net, my user name is Dmcglone, therefore I
add Dmcglone ameritech net to the /etc/host file, replacing the
"localhost.localdomain. You may have to do the same thing to the file
/etc/HOSTNAME. That should
do the trick, but I am using Red Hat, so the distro's may varay slightly.

David M.

AIM: Dmcg295308

ICQ #: 96210352