Re: Editing the Available Environments in Helix Graphical Login Utility

Traci> The list of available operating environments for the Helix
Traci> Graphical Login Utility on my system got mangled so that it no
Traci> longer lets me choose gnome or sawfish.

I'm not familiar with Mandrake and don't know its setup.  Try looking
for clues in /etc/rc.d/init.d.  Mandrake might have a script to return
the system to a pristine state upon reboot, and this might wipe
whatever the Helix installer drops in GDM's session directory
(/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/).

Traci> I would like to edit it so that I can routinely get back into
Traci> gnome. I have been stumbling around the helixcode homepage but
Traci> I can't find any documentation on that program.

        http://www.mkp.net/~mkp/gdm/gdm.pdf

--
Martin K. Petersen      Cereal Bowl Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME