Re: no desktop

On 23 Dec 2000 12:39:34 -0800, lee wrote:
> i was playing around with ibms websphere for linux and
> gimp..........other stuff running too along with nestcape which was prob
> my worst mistake :)lol..
>
> anyway my HD starting running endlessly and finally shutdown everything
> and tried to reboot...but upon reboot no longer does gdm come
> up............only a purplish dark? screen and it locks up...........
>
> i tried redoing  Xconfigurator no luck..

Try to check the status of all your XFree and Gnome related packages, if
you haven't allready reinstalled them. (To check the status of an RPM
package, do "rpm -qs <package>.)
Look for files marked missing or modified.

--
    Håvard

mailto:havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||73 52 55 76
 All it takes to start an avalanche is a single snowflake||Or a snowboarder