Re: nautilus queries

On 18 Dec 2000 16:51:33 +0000, mike wrote:
> I have just managed after a lot of aggro to get both evolution and
> nautilus working on the same system.
> (both tres cool)
>
> However I have one or two questions
>
> How to I get gtkhtml support back into nautilus (moz is overkill and I
> have galeon / moz for serious browsing)
> Is it possible to get tar file viewer support as per gmc
> ditto for rpm

Not possible. Unfortunately, the gtkhtml view was not maintained by
anybody and had many bugs, so it was just disabled. Of course if
somebody wishes to work on it, that is ther perogative. But i recommend,
someone try to make the EBrowser control in gtkhtml "integrate" with
Nautilus (I think that would be better than working on the existing
gtkhtml component in Nautilus).

Like I said though, nobody is working on this, so contributions on this
regard would be nice.

> Is there any way to get nautilus to replace the gmc desktop functions at
> present)

There is a preferences option in the latest CVS Head nautilus that
allows you to let Nautilus take over desktop functionality. I think you
can also do a 'nautilus --start-desktop' (note: if it nautilus
--start-desktop doesn't work, do a nautilus --help and figure out what
the correct option is)