Re: GNOME And Internet....

> I am very new to Linux, and Gnome itself. I have Caldera Linux 2.4. It
> came with KDE, but I couldn't customize everything like I can with
> Gnome, so I downloaded Gnome from HelixCode. I LOVE IT! The only problem
> is: How do I get onto the Internet? I added the modem lights applet to
> my panel, but when I click connect - nothing happens.

I think you need some shell scripts to do the actual connection. That
is at least how it works with Red Hat. They also have a special tool
RP3 with an applet, designed for setting the scripts up.

Well, that probably didn't help you much, but I think it is question
that is specific for each distribution so you might have more luck
asking people who run Caldera - I guess they have a mailing list
somewhere.

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/